Thursday, March 7, 2013

Birthday Extravaganza!





First, let me just say, if you want to feel incredibly loved on your birthday... work with kids! I had so many hugs, congratulations, told I was SO young, and was sung to in multiple languages all day long, and I LOVED every minute of it. And they were SO excited that I brought treats to class for my birthday! 







It was an amazingly special day thanks to my Caminante and Boca Chica family. My "little dinner party" I had asked for was a HUGE success with delicious food including Lambi (conch shell, a birthday tradition), rice, salad, and fried plantains. Not one bit I prepared because everyone jumped to the occasion to help out and cooked during the afternoon while I was at school. 









The wonderful meal was not the only surprise: presents, flowers from Caminante, a huge gorgeous cake from two friends, several presidentes, and a PINATA also surprised me during the party! 









Birthdays are usually fun, but like Christmas, it was hard being away from home... or atleast I anticipated it would be. I kept telling myself, "yes, my birthday is today, but just wait for Thursday when Mom, Dad, and Torrie are here!" But all that was forgotten with all the love and celebration! 




Thank you to everyone who reminded me how appreciated I am, and reassured me that I am part of the family here... not just a visitor passing by.


No comments:

Post a Comment