Sunday, May 12, 2013

Rebuilding

This blog has sat unwritten for some time now... as many of you know, I have been on a roller coaster of health and while my body was fighting my heart and mind seemed to be lacking. For several weeks, I fought off little colds, flues, and icky feelings... along with them feelings of blah, feeling unsure about pretty much everything, not wanting do anything and needing to do something at the same time. 

All of this up and down let to my immune system finally giving in... Two Tuesdays ago I was admitted into the hospital with infected kidneys, extremely high white blood cells, and dehydration. It sounds crazy, but the realization that I was not crazy... helped. Not only did I accept that my body and mind hadn't been playing games but other people realized it too. As self centered it feels to put to words, the outpouring of support and love reminded my tired body and mind that I am not alone. Being without your family and friends, not matter how many new friends or family you find in your placement, is hard and it is even harder when your not feeling yourself.

After a whole week of back to work, I have, for the first time in my life, seen how much time a sick body really needs to mend. I am still over a week later feeling the exhaustion that comes after a few days in the hospital and weeks of a weak immune system. In true Holst fashion, I am sure my "go get'm" ran back to work a bit to fast! 

With trip home in 18 days and counting... my eyes are "on the prize" of a few weeks of vacation. I don't know how much R'n'R will happen but there will be plenty of soul fixing time with family, sisters, the cutest God Baby, and my pup. 

One of my favorite places to enjoy the beach. After a big storm it looked worse for the wear,
but like the rest of us, after some TLC it was put back together even stronger.
Despite the tumbled beach, the water in the distance was prettier than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment