Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yes, I really REALLY am leaving in 2.5 weeks!


 Plane ticket is purchased, Spanish is coming along, and the collection of necessities has begun. In a little over 2 weeks, I will be living and working in the Dominican Republic!

My mind has been filled for months with plans, to do lists, Spanish lessons, and “lasts” before heading to the Dominican Republic in a few short weeks. Unfortunately, this mindset leaves me feeling pretty alone in the process… without anyone to truly understand my thought process or where I am at emotionally. While some friends and family take it very seriously, asking questions and showing interest, others seem to not realize the major life change that is happening.

 But, for those of you who are curious about the changes to come… here are some sneak peaks!
 
This is Boca Chica!

My Apartment... complete with WiFi and NO HOT WATER (yikes).

[more pictures here]


Caminante's Website [http://www.caminanteproyectoeducativo.org/] is in Spanish but this UNICEF page gives some great info too!




These are the beaches that I will live a short walking distance from!

 
 Official Countdown: 18 days!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Ashley this all looks Amazing! I can't believe you are leaving so soon on this adventure! I must say I am extremely jealous of what the next year is going to hold for you but I am oh so happy for you!! Can't wait for continued updates!!

    ReplyDelete